Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Is best guess moronic?

2005-11-18 11:47:25

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark" <admin(_at_)asarian-host(_dot_)net>

IMV, this is the exactly the sort of activity the "SPF COUNCIL" is sup-
pose to be the watch dogs for.

You heard the hysteria... Now the facts from your SPF Council:

Mail::SPF::Query does NOT, by default, enable the 'best guess'
mechanism.  Let me repeat that: NOT. And shouting real hard about
it does not make it so, either

Nor did I say it was or not.  It doesn't matter either way.

The issue is that this non-standard feature CHANGES the meaning of a
standard SPF specification.  It should not CHANGE the meaning of PASS.  A
SPF NONE is a SPF NONE, not a SPF PASS.

Is this a difficult concept to grasp?

http://www.santronics.com