Re: [spf-discuss] FYI: FTC REPORTS VOLUME OF SPAM DOWN

2005-12-21 15:39:18

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Hector Santos wrote:

FTC REPORTS VOLUME OF SPAM DOWN
In a report to Congress, the FTC said the Can-Spam Act that
took effect two years ago has helped curb unsolicited
e-mail. The report also credits advances in technology, such
as better spam filters that weed out junk e-mail.The report
was met with some skepticism.
http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/business/technology/13451
053.htm

It seems to be the can-spam act was designed to reduce number of spam
emails being sent.

It seems to me the figures show that what has reduced is percent of
spam emails average person can find in his inbox.

So let me be a skeptic today and point that ABOVE ARE NOT THE SAME THING!!!

And all figures available show that amount of unsolicited emails being sent increased quite a bit!!! So am I the only one that sees it as that CAN SPAM did not work and what worked are other types of technical options
that would likely have been deployed no matter if CAN SPAM was there or not.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks