Re: [spf-discuss] implicit domains deprecated

2006-01-05 08:40:41
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:36:33PM -0500, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
This just in from SPF help.

I think the problem lies with which default domain to use for "bare"
mechanisms.  For instance, askjeeves.com has this SPF record:

askjeeves.com IN TXT "v=spf1 include:jeeves.ask.info ~all"
jeeves.ask.info IN TXT "v=spf1 a ptr -all"

Using 65.214.38.10, this gets PASS as expected with pyspf and all the web
SPF testers, and gmail.com gets a pass when the postmaster at askjeeves sends
mail.  However, hotmail.com and godaddy.com reject the very same source IP in
SMTP envelope (before reading any sender-id headers), citing SPF.

Do you have a screen dump of this? I'm 99% certain MS doesn't do RFC821 MAIL
FROM checking. They will use RFC822 FROM (or whatever the PRA determines)
and treat the v=spf1 record as a spf2.0/pra record.

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Principal Engineer, Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com