[spf-discuss] Re: not sure how this is happening[Scanned]

2006-01-27 07:34:48
Arjen de Korte wrote:

Many SPF implementations will not check HELO if a non-empty
MAIL FROM is present (including Mail::SPF::Query).

We have it as SHOULD for about a year now in the spec., and
Julian updated Mail::SPF::Query in the last weeks, does it
really not check HELO in its default configuration ?

I don't recall that the OP mentioned <user(_at_)analox(_dot_)net> in
MAIL FROM. In fact, I very much doubt that it was used in
the transmission of this mail. The vast majority of imposters
is using someone else's domain name.

Yes, but they also try this stunt.  It's just another case of
spammers doing the main part of the SPF evangelism, publishing
an SPF policy is good, and additionally checking SPF is better.

                           Bye, Frank