[spf-discuss] Re: appeal

2006-02-06 11:14:20
Jeff Macdonald wrote:

point to Microsoft documentation and say, "this says you
should publish v=spf1 only if MFROM and PRA and the same".

Really, it actually says that? Where?

In Craig's example posted the day before yesterday here:

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss/20269>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spf.discuss/20271>

Could we ask them to change that to a MUST instead of SHOULD

The appeals were more about SHOULD NOT instead of SHOULD, and
that's exactly the opposite direction of what you propose.

For some reasons why their SHOULD is wrong see the position on
<http://www.OpenSPF.org/OpenSPF_community_position_v102.html>
You can still sign it if you agree, <http://old.openspf.org/>,
but maybe we need a counter-position for those who disagree ;-)

                            Bye, Frank