[spf-discuss] Re: Appeal Question

2006-02-06 22:33:03
John Hinton wrote:

If we do appeal SendID and this does delay by six months SPF,
does it also delay by six months SID?

Iff there's any delay at all, and iff only one of the drafts is
delayed, then it would be senderid-core.

Will SPF still be in the queue ahead of SID?

Of course, senderid-core has a normative reference to v=spf1:

| 10.1 Normative References

|   [PRA]       J. Lyon, "Purported Responsible Address in E-Mail
|               Messages", draft-lyon-senderid-pra-01.  Work in progress.

|   [RFC2119]   S. Bradner, "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
|               Requirement Levels", RFC 2119.

|   [SPF]       M. Wong and W. Schlitt, "Sender Policy Framework:
|               Authorizing Use of Domains in E-Mail", draft-
|               schlitt-spf-classic-00.  Work in progress.
[...]
                            Bye, Frank