[spf-discuss] Re: Appeal Question

2006-02-06 23:40:57
John Hinton wrote:

I must admit I know little about these proceedings. ;)

The "rule" is simply that you can't have unresolved "normative
references".  I'm a bit surprised that they work on SPF etc.
before 2476bis got its number, but that's only an "informative
reference".  Maybe there are some issues with the authors of
2476bis, and actually the differences between 2476 and 2476bis
don't affect SPF.

They even don't affect PRA, unfortunately - "MAY add Sender"
could be odd with PRA's Resent-* header fields, not only for
PRA, generally.  Maybe the authors try to fix this in AUTH48,
and that could explain the delay for 2476bis.

                                 Bye, Frank