[spf-discuss] multiple HELOs

2006-02-10 07:26:14
Hi,

I just got interested in the code in spfmilter

if ( cd->helo != (char*) 0 )
        syslog( LOG_NOTICE, "multiple HELOs from %s [%s] - ignoring '%s'",
cd->helo, cd->ip_str, helohost );

but I'm finding it a little dense to grasp immediately.

I have a sendmail which is occasionally triggering this.

I'm imagining it to be for the same thing as discussed at

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2000-04/0266.html

I've been idly wondering about proxying connect/helo information,
and this struck me as an interesting "feature".

I'm imagining if sendmail does this then most servers will accept it,
but I suppose it would be to much to hope that noone ever checks
a second HELO ?

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall