Re: [spf-discuss] New SPF Versions

2006-02-12 02:12:33
On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 12:49:00AM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:

23:01    <Julian> Also we should start working on SPFv2.1/v3.

I'd like to suggest that we NOT do that.  While v=spf1 is sub-optimal in
many ways, I donalt think that there are big enough problems that itals
worth breaking our installed base for.

I think Hector's post about SPF extensions was righton and the way to
pursue that is through modifiers added to the existing syntax.  There are a
lot of good ideas for this that have been discussed.  We need to work on
them.

Uh...  do we want to see different "v=spf1 " versions?  One being able
to process a certain modifier, one not?

Alex