[spf-discuss] New SPF Versions

2006-02-11 22:50:51
From today's Council meeting:

23:01    <Julian> Also we should start working on SPFv2.1/v3.

I'd like to suggest that we NOT do that.  While v=spf1 is sub-optimal in
many ways, I donalt think that there are big enough problems that itals
worth breaking our installed base for.

I think Hector's post about SPF extensions was righton and the way to
pursue that is through modifiers added to the existing syntax.  There are a
lot of good ideas for this that have been discussed.  We need to work on
them.

Please don't go down the road of incompatible changes.  Let's not further
dilute the project's momentum.

Scott K

P.S.  This is not meant as a slam against Julian.  He just hapened to say
it in the last meeting.