Re: [spf-discuss] Fw: SRS vs BATV

2006-02-16 12:56:14

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

Yes, this is standard practice.  The drawback is that you have to
accept and discard all the garbage before issuing the reject.  Sure
wish SMTP would allow issuing a reject during data - say right
after the headers.

At some point I looked and counted at least 3 attempts of this.
Perhaps something as simple as HEAD extension (command like it was
added to HTTP) should finally be done.

This would be a boon to 2822 based authentication schemes.

Depends which ones. It is not going to help most cryptographic approaches
(not DKIM at least; though it would help META Signatures), but those
advocating SID are going to like it... But don't take it as bad thing,
I suspect that > 75% of spam can be detected entirely by looking at only
the header data.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks