Re: [spf-discuss] Re: PermError: Too many DNS lookups at Microsoft.com

2006-05-07 10:39:57
Ah come on Julian.

The RESULT was a SOFTFAIL because that was the FINAL directive for this
particular record.  So of course, you just wasted your time looking for
specifics.  Geez, what the hell is going on here?

Please don't try to push the issue on me.  I am not the one that screwed
this up creating PERMERRORS for classic SPF setups.   You are the guys that
came up with artificial SWAG limit.   Not me.  I'm not the one who suddenly
has a problem with the largest computer software company in the world and
who knows who else for no other reason but for this artificial
"pie-in-the-sky" limit.

So please, this is your (SPF-Council) issue.  Not Mine.

Just don't expect working Classic SPF systems to change for this specific
nonsense Artificial Limit.    Its nonsense.  The next time a critical change
is made, you should run it by the list of vendors that are on your web site.
Not just rely on the mailing list.

PS:  Is it possible for you to unsubscribe this
support(_at_)etelecom(_dot_)com(_dot_)au
address?

---
HLS