Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Fixing Forwarding with RPF

2006-11-14 11:10:17
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, K.J. Petrie wrote:

accept it. If I'm going to accept it anyway, what difference does it make
whether I check the record?

There is no problem when you reject or accept a forged message - as you
say, it is your business.  I don't even mind much when you send me a DSN
for a forged message, because my system automatically throws unsigned DSNs
away.  However, I resent it when you send me an RFC ignorant auto-response
that is not a DSN, "Barracuda firewall has blocked a message from you
because it was actually sent by a virus, and we want you to know now clever
we are." (Not)

It is worse than spam.

Oh dear, did I do that? I have a default installation of Mandriva 2007. If
it's set up to do that I apologise.

That was a rhetorical "you", in response to your rhetorical "I".

I do get lots of those virus notices, but thankfully my bayes filter
trashes most of them, and I wouldn't know if any are from you personally.
When will UCE laws allow us to (reasonably) sue these virus filter companies?