Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Fixing Forwarding with RPF

2006-11-14 14:13:51
What difference has the forwarder made? As I said above, the sending MTA has not SPF checked the mail, so would bounce it anyway. That's the only place an SPF-based reject won't produce a bounce. It's also where the forger gets no
doubt s/he's going nowhere.

One thing in this discussion I am not sure of.....

When you said "sending MTA", did you mean the forwarder or the originating sender?

I ask because if you meant the originating sender, then it doesn't make sense at all. Typically originating MTAs do not check SPF on emails they are sending. That is the job of the receiving MTAs. Both the destination MTA and the forwarder are receiving MTAs. If an email is going through a forwarder, then it does not make sense for the destination MTA to do SPF checks on email it receives from the forwarder.

Michael Breton