Re: [spf-discuss] Per/user policies in "Large Domains" (was Fixing Forwarding with RPF)

2006-11-16 08:24:47
On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Scott Kitterman wrote:

While signing Mail From is doable for domains (like yours, I believe) that
use the same MTA for signing and receiving, there is no way to do that when
the MSA and MDA are separated and possibly not even run by the same company.

Separated is no problem with the SRS method for signing.  Uses a shared secret
(password).  Even having another company send out mail (while you take the
DSNs) is doable by giving them a different password that you also accept (a
feature built in to all the SRS implementations I've seen - Perl, C, Python).

But we agree that DSNs should be minimized.  If nothing else, they
waste bandwidth.  Now if only more MUAs would display REJECT messages
to the end user properly...