Re: [spf-discuss] Per/user policies in "Large Domains" (was Fixing Forwarding with RPF)

2006-11-16 10:25:53
On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 12:18:04PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Thursday 16 November 2006 11:13, K.J. Petrie wrote:
On Wednesday 15 November 2006 23:43, Scott Kitterman wrote:

You also need to think about how to handle multi-recipient messages.

Sorry, I don't see the connection. My original RPF proposal would have had
a huge problem with those, which was one of the reasons for ditching it in
favour of per/user configuration, but I can't see how setting policies for
one recipient could possibly affect or be affected by what other recipients
do.

Go look at RFC 2821 and show me how to reject the message for one recipient
and accept it for another?

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but we do exactly this by simply
returning 2xx to some RCPT TO while returning 4xx or 5xx to others, all
based on the recipient's mail control settings in our directory.

Scott K

Steven F. Siirila                       Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services                       E-mail: sfs(_at_)umn(_dot_)edu
Office of Information Technology        Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota                 Fax: (612) 626-7593