Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Per/user policies in "Large Domains"

2006-11-16 18:56:19

On Thu, 16 Nov 2006, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Thursday 16 November 2006 11:13, K.J. Petrie wrote:
On Wednesday 15 November 2006 23:43, Scott Kitterman wrote:
You also need to think about how to handle multi-recipient messages.

Sorry, I don't see the connection. My original RPF proposal would have
had a huge problem with those, which was one of the reasons for
ditching it in favour of per/user configuration, but I can't see how
setting policies for one recipient could possibly affect or be
affected by what other recipients do.

Go look at RFC 2821 and show me how to reject the message for one
recipient and accept it for another?

There's a proposal for a "Extended SMTP DATA Reply" SMTP extension by Sam
Varshavchik (the author of the Courier MTA) that allows recipient-specific
replies to the DATA command to be given:

 http://www.courier-mta.org/draft-varshavchik-verp-smtpext.txt

I've read it and though its good idea except for putting 'EXDATA' as
MAIL FROM extension. It should really be RCPT TO extension with purpose
of indicating that for this particular user a specific reply should be
given after DATA.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks