Re: [spf-discuss] SPF TXT Questions re Effectiveness

2006-11-20 11:53:34
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Daryl C. W. O'Shea wrote:
Boyd Lynn Gerber wrote:
Saddly they still have not moved on from my domain.  I currently get
between 15,000 and 25,000 email per day.  But with SPF and spamassassin I
only see about 2-15 emails per day in my inbox.  It took a really long
time to get it this clean.  I still have to go through my probably-spam
folder ever day.  It gets about 300-1000 email per day.  about 10 % of
them are false positives.  I then send them to my /tmp/nospam and they get

10% FP by SA?  Are you sure you've got SA configured correctly.  That FP rate
is insane.

Yes, but I have it set to put anything great than 3.1 into probably-spam.
I am sure if I moved it up to 5.0 I would get a lot fewer.  The problem is
most of my false positives are from 4.2-5.6.  I get a lot of spams just
over 3.1 so, I had to decide wheter to let all the ones from 3.1-5.6 into
my main mail box.  It is a lot easier to spot the few false positives than
to wade through all the spam in my main mail box.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb(_at_)zenez(_dot_)com>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047