Re: [spf-discuss] libspf2 sample programs

2007-01-02 10:45:06
Ramprasad writes:
  I am trying to write a C milter for implementing my custom rules

I would also like to integrate SPF checks into the milter. I do not want
to use sid-milter because It does not allow me to reject mails before
DATA

Modifying sid-milter to reject mail before DATA is a lot simpler than
creating your own milter.  All it takes is adding an mlfi_envrcpt()
procedure that calls sid_marid_check() with scope SM_SCOPE_SPF.

Currently, sid-milter does not implement the SPF HELO check, but you
could add your own by adding an mlfi_helo() procedure that saves the
HELO name in the privdata and then modifying sid_marid_check() to do
the HELO check using the saved HELO name.

In similar fashion, you can graft all sorts of other checks onto the
sid-milter scaffolding.

Regardless of how you do your custom rules, you should note that
sendmail 8.14 makes some changes in the milter interface.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com