Re: [spf-discuss] libspf2 sample programs

2007-01-04 10:36:34
On Thursday 04 January 2007 10:52, Ramprasad wrote:

I am using postfix MTA

In that case you would probably be better off using a policy server for SPF
checks.  Doing it via a milter provides additional complexity that in
unnecessary.

There are a number of implementations listed on the SPF web site that already
support this:

http://www.openspf.org/Implementations

Including one C implementation (if that's what you want) - It's distributed
with libspf2:

http://www.libspf2.org/

<OT>
I havent used a milter with postfix before, but I have used a milter
with sendmail implementing watchdog ids, subject policies for select
users , etc
</OT>

The spf milter I plan to use seems to be pretty simple. Just one
convenience function and a call in mlfi_envrcpt()
I plan to ignore SPF HELO ( I am not sure if that is very important )

SPF HELO is a very low cost check, but does not match as often as Mail From
(not everyone has published SPF records for HELO, but they should).  HELO
checks are a VERY reliable way to reject messages.  It is unlikely to produce
false positives.

Additionally, what will you check if you get mail from <>?

Any comments on this code.  ( not yet finished .. just request for
comments )

This kind of question is probably better directed to the spf-devel list.  You
are more likely to get an answer there.

Scott K