Re: [spf-discuss] Election issue: forwarding problem

2007-01-26 00:57:49

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, william(at)elan.net wrote:

Forwarder whitelisting is definitely needed.

If folks want a place to cooperatively whitelist forwarders, I'll have one ready soon .... folks can start by building a list of IP addresses, hostnames, etc, and then I will aggregate those lists and munge them
together into a big whitelist.

You mean like "trusted-forwarders.org" but larger?

The issue I see is that number of systems doing only forwarding
or similar like pobox is rather low. What we really have is
large number of ISP mail servers (and univerisities and some
corporate mail servers though last one is less common) that

What I forgot to include are bunch of personal boxes many of
of us run for friends and family and that often have many
aliases setup. Plus to that many domain registrars (like enom)
allow to setup email forwarding, though those can probably be
considered forwarding services in the same way as pobox.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks