[spf-discuss] Libspf1 (Was: An argument for *not* matching museum.)

2007-03-29 03:35:02
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Scott Kitterman wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:11:19 +0200 Frank Ellermann
Probably libspf has more important problems with RFC 4408,
I vaguely recall that it never supported Wayne's concepts
of predictable error handling and clear processing limits.

This is correct.  Additionally, it's completely unmaintained AFAICT.

Yeah.  libspf.org is *still* off the air.

Mad speculation: maybe Couzens was SPEWS...

I don't recommend people use libspf, but it is the only SPF library used by
a number of applications and migration to a more modern one is non-trivial.

Also, libspf1 is more portable.

I actually use libspf1 at the moment, even though my mailer (Exim)
supports libspf2 natively.  The reason is that I'm presently using an old
version of glibc and current versions of libspf2 won't compile under it.

(I run a do-it-yourself GNU/Linux install, and with glibc 2.1.3 my boot/root
disks are nearly full.  In the long run, I plan to transition to uClibc...)

While we're discussing libspf1, I'll just ask -- since the site is down,
does anybody have a version of it more recent than 1.0.0-p5?

---- Michael Deutschmann <michael(_at_)talamasca(_dot_)ocis(_dot_)net>