[spf-discuss] An argument for *not* matching museum.

2007-03-26 20:46:18
"a:museum." is a syntax error, as is "a:museum".  Therefore, by the
principle of least surprise, "a:%{h}" where h="museum." or h="museum" (or
anything else that would give a syntax error if syntax was checked after
expansion) should not match.  If we had it to do over again, we would even
throw permerror (it would have been so simple to say "expand macros before
checking syntax"), but we can't for reasons that have already been
discussed.