Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Google not rejecting on SPF Fail?

2007-12-23 11:50:45
At 06:30 PM 12/23/2007 +0000, you wrote:
David MacQuigg wrote:
One other surprise I just noticed.  Google's Received-SPF header is
*below* their Received header!
[...]
We had a thorough discussion of proper header order a year ago
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=46632, and ended up
changing our Border Patrol MTA to place these headers as expected by
most "header readers" (not in strict chronological order).

For the record, section 7 of RFC 4408 explicitly also recommends that the
R-SPF: header field be prepended _above_ the corresponding Received:
field:

| The Received-SPF header field is a trace field (see RFC 2822 Section
| 3.6.7) and SHOULD be prepended to the existing header, above the

Our Border Patrol MTA is now in compliance.  Looks like Google is not.

-- Dave