Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Forwarder whitelisting reloaded

2008-01-12 10:28:59
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, David MacQuigg wrote:

LOL :>) This perfectly describes an interaction I had with an "ADMD"
yahoo.com.  They put my forwarding service (box67.com) on their "bulk" list
(Yahoo's euphemism for spam), in spite of the fact that we forward only what
the recipient wants us to forward, in this case, everything including the
spam.  When the recipient clicks the "Spam" button in Yahoo's webmail client
(instead of forwarding it to our spamreport address, as we instructed), Yahoo
dings the reputation of box67.com.

I've have the same problem repeatedly with AOL users.  They disable my
content filter, because they "like the AOL one better", then add a forward
to their AOL account and proceed to mark all the spam.  Everyone on
the same MTA then gets their AOL mail disabled.  And I have to spend days
going through the AOL process to get reenabled, and disable their forwarding
ability.  And they never do understand why I won't let them forward
or what the problem was.

I've ended up making a blanket rule - no forwarding to AOL.  Ever.  For
any reason - enforced by checking for aol.com in the MAIL TO for forwarded
messages by the outgoing mail milter.