[spf-discuss] Re: 99.95% of all SPF records use no macros

2008-07-23 12:53:36
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

Most things macros can do, a machine generated zonefile (static
or dynamic) can do as well or better.  Macros mainly give the policy
access to localpart and helo (both of which are more likely to tickle
SPF implementation bugs due to their unconstrained evilness).

How about deprecating localpart macros when we ever get around
to post a 4408bis fixing the errata ?  Most text in the SPF-EAI
draft is about localpat weirdness - and that without copying a
single word of Doug's macro rants... :-)

BTW, the next three EAI RFCs (defining the real thing, UTF8SMTP,
among others) were recently approved.  More important, 2821bis
was also approved.

Related, did you see my proposal for three additional macro test
cases for the test suite on the devel list ?

 Frank