xsl-list

RE: Can you apply a template match on a copy node?

2002-09-22 06:02:58
I'm not that familar with extensions used in Michael Kay's approach. Am I
right in thinking that to use node-set I need to install something like
Xalan.exe, and this will then pass a string back into a node set? How do
these extensions effect efficiency of the tranform? I've been told xsl/xml
transforms are already fairly processor intensive compared to
something like

Hello Michael,

node-set is a rather common 3rd party function....and has an implementation
within saxon, and yes also xalan....but it exists in the MSXML api and
generally MS flavor of xslt.

a pure asp solution, so am a bit reluctent to start complicating
the process

check out www.topxml.com or www.perfectxml.com, they both trend towards
win32 .....

further with external calls. Dooes anyone know of or have any good bench
marks?

xsltmark

goto http://www.datapower.com/ and under xml community you'll find it....but
beware one man's benchmarks is ....oh well u know,

gl, jim fuller