xsl-list

Re: Can you apply a template match on a copy node?

2002-09-18 15:29:07
Hello Mike,

the answer directly to your question is no. You can't access the output.

On the other hand you can do <xsl:apply-templates select="."/> to amtch on the same node again, but the @title is not removed of course, because it's the input.

Maybe you should tell what you really want to do. Be sure somebody will help you on the list. It's no wonder ;-)

Regards,

Joerg

Mike Carlisle wrote:
Hello list people,

Wonder if anyone can help. I have an xsl which is applying templates on
match. One of these templates matches on an attribute. For various reasons
within this template I want to copy the node (filtering out the matched
attribute), and then apply templates to the copy of this node.

How can I reference this copy? So far I have only been able to apply
attribute matches to my new node, not node matches.

Here's my code. It needs to write out the contents of the title attribute,
make a copy of the node without the title attribute, and then apply
templates to this new copy.

<xsl:template match="*[(_at_)title]">
   <xsl:value-of select="@title" />
   <xsl:copy>