xsl-list

RE: Can you apply a template match on a copy node?

2002-09-19 07:38:18
Wonder if anyone can help. I have an xsl which is applying
templates on match. One of these templates matches on an
attribute. For various reasons within this template I want to
copy the node (filtering out the matched attribute), and then
apply templates to the copy of this node.

What are the various reasons?

By "the node", I assume you mean "the element that owns this attribute".
You can do

<xsl:template match="@x">
  <xsl:variable name="c">
    <xsl:for-each select="..">
      <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:copy-of select="@*[local-name()!='x']"/>
        <xsl:copy-of select="*"/>
      </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:variable>
  <xsl:apply-templates select="xx:node-set($c)"/>
</xsl:template>

But I feel sure there is a more straightforward solution to your real
problem.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com