xsl-list

Re: Re: Chain of XSL Transformations

2003-06-27 15:21:18
Hi Dimitre,

At 20:50 27.06.2003 +0200, you wrote:
Capture the result of a transformation in a xsl:variable, then convert its
RTF value into a regular nodeset (tree) using (in your case) the
msxsl:node-set() extension function, then apply on this result the next
transformation.

This is a routine procedure done frequently by many XSLT programmers.

Thanks so much for your hint! This is exactly what I was trying to do before, but I just used the xsl:value-of element without the msxsl:node-set() function. As I have to document this in my thesis, I would like to know if all xsl processors have similar functions? For example, what about the xsl processor used in xmlspy? Or Xalan?

Thanks again,

Adrian Grigore

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Adrian Grigore" <adrian(_at_)lobstersoft(_dot_)com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> For some reasons which would be way too lengthy to explain, I need to
> perform a series of xsl transformations on a single xml document in a
> particular order.
>
> Doing all transformations in one xsl file does not work, so I thought I
> might output the document from the first xsl template (say, "myxsl-1.xsl")
> with the processing instruction <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
> href="myxsl-2.xsl"?>, which would refer to the second xsl template and so
> on until I reach the last template. Unfortunately this series of
> transformations does not work with IE, since it stops displaying the xml
> document as real xml even after the the very first xsl transformation.
>
> So, is there any other tool that would take the output from the nth xsl
> template and apply the next if necessary as described above? Of course I
> could code something like this, but why re-invent the wheel if someone
> might have done it already... :-)
>
> Thanks,
>

> Adrian Grigore
>
> --
> Adrian Grigore
> adrian(_at_)lobstersoft(_dot_)com
> Lobstersoft - Fun Brain-Bending Games For All Ages
> http://www.lobstersoft.com
> Member of the Association of Shareware Professionals

Adrian Grigore