xsl-list

Re: Chain of XSL Transformations

2003-06-27 11:50:00
Capture the result of a transformation in a xsl:variable, then convert its
RTF value into a regular nodeset (tree) using (in your case) the
msxsl:node-set() extension function, then apply on this result the next
transformation.

This is a routine procedure done frequently by many XSLT programmers.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.

"Adrian Grigore" <adrian(_at_)lobstersoft(_dot_)com> wrote in message
Hi,

For some reasons which would be way too lengthy to explain, I need to
perform a series of xsl transformations on a single xml document in a
particular order.

Doing all transformations in one xsl file does not work, so I thought I
might output the document from the first xsl template (say, "myxsl-1.xsl")
with the processing instruction <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="myxsl-2.xsl"?>, which would refer to the second xsl template and so
on until I reach the last template. Unfortunately this series of
transformations does not work with IE, since it stops displaying the xml
document as real xml even after the the very first xsl transformation.

So, is there any other tool that would take the output from the nth xsl
template and apply the next if necessary as described above? Of course I
could code something like this, but why re-invent the wheel if someone
might have done it already... :-)

Thanks,

Adrian Grigore

--
Adrian Grigore
adrian(_at_)lobstersoft(_dot_)com
Lobstersoft - Fun Brain-Bending Games For All Ages
http://www.lobstersoft.com
Member of the Association of Shareware Professionals