xsl-list

Re: XML/XSL free editor (eclipse plug-in, if possible)

2004-11-09 02:03:48
M. David Peterson wrote:
[...]
> As far as
> the XPath validity (I'm assuming you would want both syntax and
> real-time parsing of the XML source to determine if the XPath being
> written goes out of scope from the source XML?) I can't say for sure,
> but I am guessing that George will be more than happy to answer those
> questions for you.

The XML source is not needed, the source schema should be enough.
Currently oXygen uses the result schema to offer the global elements in the content completion proposals in the places where xsl:element can be inserted.

The difficult part IMO is to establish the context, both for XPath expressions (on the source schema) and for content completion (on the result schema). One problem is that in XML Schema the element name and namespace are not enough to identify the context because there can be any number of local elements with the same name but different definitions. The context is formed by the whole path to the root and this is difficult and maybe impossible to find inside a stylesheet. A possible solution will be to present the union of the matching proposals.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
http://www.oxygenxml.com