xsl-list

Re: problem with handling conditional for loops

2005-04-27 08:46:57

But since you need to apply different xpaths we can do something
similar...might be some scoping problems here (might have to move it
so the <xsl:variable wraps around) but something like this should work
 (although I'm suspicious of the text(), it would seem to me you need
. or something similar).

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="document(Second.xml)/SubConcepts/SubConcept[1]/Value[$clsName=text()]">
<xsl:variable name="nodeToProcess"
select="document(Second.xml)/SubConcepts/SubConcept[1]/Value[$clsName=text()]"/>
</xsl:when>

<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:variable name="Values"
select="document(Second.xml)/SubConcepts/SubConcept/Value/@name[.=$clsName]"/>
<xsl:variable name="nodeToProcess" select="$Values[1]">
</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:when>
<<<

You probably want:

<xsl:variable name="nodeToProcess">
   <xsl:choose>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

The choose should be inside the variable definition; else the variable goes out of scope when the choose finishes.

Regards,

--A