xsl-list

Re: problem with handling conditional for loops

2005-04-27 07:19:41
I want to execute a second for loop IF AND ONLY IF the first for loop
doesnt satisfy the condition. How do I go about doing it in XSL ?

Are you looking for something like this?

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="condition">
<xsl:for-each select="foo">
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>
<xsl:for-each select="foo>
</xslo:for-each>
</xsl:when>

I have a gut feeling though you may not even need this construct.
Perhaps you might want to give an example of what you're trying to
achieve, not how you want to achieve it.

Of course, if this is just a rephrasing of the earlier email you sent,
I decided I'm going to respond to that one seperately just
because...well, no good reason.  If it is a rephrasing, it usually
helps to add more information, not less.

I realize it might be a minor gripe about near-duplicate postings, but
it seems to be happening a lot lately. It seems like a lot of people
lately have have been posting twice.  I'm not sure if it's due to
default list configuration, email clients, or people just feeling like
they were ignored.  If it's the latter, I hope it doesn't occur to
frequently.  Do remember this is a pretty large list spanning across
quite a few time zones.  I was sleeping soundly when your first email
was sent to the list this morning.  Of course, I realize sometimes
postings do get ignored.

Jon Gorman