xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Referring to stylesheet itself, possible in XSLT 1.0, but how in XSLT 2.0?

2006-10-17 02:06:00
Michael Kay wrote:
but it is not possible [in 2.0] to use document('')

Don't know where you got that idea. So long as the base URI of the
stylesheet module is known, and is accessible in the run-time environment,
document('') should retrieve it.

Yes, you are right. That is where I went wrong (you see, never work after 1 AM ;-) It is the base-uri. In my templates the xsl:stylesheet element has a xml:base attribute. This offsets the location for the current XSLT file. Hence the error. So, I need to either append the xml:base value, or remove xml:base in total.

You can also find out the base URI of the stylesheet module more directly
using the static-base-uri() function.

That indeed gives me that base uri of the stylesheet. But won't give me the stylesheet when the stylesheet is off by an xml:base.

-- Abel Braaksma