xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Referring to stylesheet itself, possible in XSLT 1.0, but how in XSLT 2.0?

2006-10-17 02:24:58
I understand, but it really just said "Transformation
failed". Without any descriptive error, warning or whatever.

That's a bit puzzling. Calling document() with a URI that doesn't exist is a
recoverable error. By default in Saxon that should give you warning
messages, followed by a successful transformation result. You can suppress
the warnings or you can ask for them to be treated as fatal, but I can't
reproduce a situation in which there the transformation fails without having
notified the ErrorListener.

But from Michael's post, and the others, I think my best bet
is to either get rid of xml:base, or to reverse-append it to
the document('') function (which will be hard, considering
that my xml:base="../..", loosing the path information).

Try putting xml:base at the level of the stylesheet where you need it, e.g.
on a template rule, and have a global variable

<xsl:variable name="stylesheet-uri" select="static-base-uri()"/>

The global variable will then use the "real" base URI of the stylesheet
module.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/