xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Referring to stylesheet itself, possible in XSLT 1.0, but how in XSLT 2.0?

2006-10-17 03:03:07
That works - which makes me wonder why the following doesnt:

<xsl:template match="/" xml:base="foo">
      <xsl:value-of select="document-uri(document(''))"/>
</xsl:template>

With xml:base on the root matching matching template, why does calling
document('') return that base (the same goes for
xsl:stylesheet).  I would've thought the root *node* returned
from document('') was outside the scope of the xml:base
change, and so would return the original base...

'' is a relative URI and is therefore expanded relative to the base URI of
the stylesheet element where the call on document() appears. That base URI
in this case is "foo" (which being itself a relative URI, should be further
resolved...).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/