xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Referring to stylesheet itself, possible in XSLT 1.0, but how in XSLT 2.0?

2006-10-17 07:39:23
Andrew Welch wrote:

Instead of using xml:base why not just create a parameter $path and
then modify all of your paths in the stylesheet to contain that
parameter, eg:

<xsl:param name="path" select="'../../'" as="xs:string"/>

I had that before. But it won't work for <xsl:import> and the likes. So I still need separate ways for separate situations in the stylesheet. In other words, the DRY (don't repeat yourself) principle cannot hold here (but who said that xslt was pragmatic in the first place, but I like to think that way).

But I do use some special calculation on the paths for external files that need to be transformed. There was a previous thread about this, I believe on the Saxon list, where I also had some trouble doing a precise path calculation (I needed both relative and absolute path). But that is fixed now.

-- Abel