xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Are namespace nodes required in XSLT 2.0?

2006-12-21 05:03:24
Colin Adams wrote:

  Hi Colin

    <xsl:variable name="x" as="item()*">
      <xsl:namespace name="a" select="'data:,a'"/>
      <xsl:namespace name="b" select="'data:,b'"/>
      <x/>
      <xsl:attribute name="c" select="'c'"/>
    </xsl:variable>
    <xsl:value-of select="count($x)"/>

A good example!

But I contest your assertion that it should produce the answer 4.
Either 2 or 4 look acceptable answers to me.

  Mmh, I don't really see how.  §11.7 Creating Namespace
Nodes says "Except in error situations, the result of
evaluating the xsl:namespace instruction is a single node,
the newly constructed namespace node."

  So I don't understand how the count() could be 2 instead
of 4.  Do you think about something specific?

  Regards,

--drkm