xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Are namespace nodes required in XSLT 2.0?

2006-12-21 07:55:46

But last time I read the data model closely, it said that it was not
necessary to implement namespace nodes, if you didn't support the namespace
axis.

I think that the situation is that you can implement a conformant
implementation of XDM that does not have namespace  nodes, but you could
only it use to support XQuery and (restricted) XPath. In order to
support XSLT you need an XDM implemention that does have namespace
nodes.

my suggestion that the wording might be better as saying xsl:namespace
produces a namespace binding in the tree), then only two items would be
present in the sequence.

But that's less useful and is too big a change to suggest at this stage
of the process, I think. I think it would have to push XSLT back to last
call.

David