xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived

2007-01-24 08:15:52
From: Abel Braaksma <abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl>

Isn't it possible to use the excellent IBM ICU libraries for the encodings from within Gestalt (or Eiffel)? Then you support 500+ encodings in one go.

It's theoretically possible, but I'm not going to do it.

It is there in C and Java and it is open source.

I tried reading the C++ implementation once (when I was writing the Eiffel Unicode normaliztion routines - Mark Davis advised me to look at it because ICU has better optimization algorithms than the sample Java code he provides which both Mike and I have used as the starting point for our support for NFC, NFKD etc.). I soon gave up - I couldn't see anything but memory-management code, and I got lost before I could come to the meat of the algorithms.