xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 has arrived

2007-01-24 08:18:38
Abel Braaksma <abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl> writes:

Reading this, I really haven't the faintest idea why there are still
people around there using xsltproc. Working around bugs and
non-compliance issues. Or, well, maybe that's it: like the experience I
had with XML Spy. Using it, you think "this is the way to do it". Using
your wrong non compliant stylesheets with a compliant processor will
give you errors, and you go "ah, you see? XML Spy is better! It does not
give me errors". Whereas you should say: "oops, I thought I coded
correctly, but instead, I did not. Now I can finally fix my erroneous
stylesheets".

I use libxslt because it's fast.

I don't think libxslt is fundamentally broken. And I'm hoping to help
bring it to xslt 2 over the next few years.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk   for all your tapsell ferrier needs