xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL

2007-02-01 10:36:24
I, on the other hand thought, their approach to customer relations dreadful.
My firm at the time bought six fully licensed copies, before I arrived, which were not used for a couple of months until I arrived to work on a big XSLT project. When I started using it in earnest I found a bug in the document() function. I tried to contact Altova for support but we were told that as it was more than a month since purchase we were not entitled to any. It cost them somewhat as we were going to buy licences for the remaining twelve people in the department.

--

Joe
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL

On 2/1/07, Florent Georges <darkman_spam(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)fr> wrote:
I tried to report the bugs, but the only way to
do so was by a form that required a licence key.  So no input from the
free-tools users was accepted.

In contrast, I have a pleasant experience using XML Spy. Altova
accepts bug reports from evaluation users also. Once I had filed a bug
while evaluating XML Spy, and the bug was solved in the next release.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi

--~--