xsl-list

AW: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and VARIABLES in XSL

2007-02-05 00:36:00
A part of our department also uses the Altova XML Spy yet,
but I changed to use the Oxygen XML Editor since I reported a bug
about XML Spy occasionally stopping a batch transformation process, if one
of the stylesheets involved is open (which is veeeery disturbing).
Although I reported the bug about a year ago, I never heard about a bugfix or
whatever...

best regards,
Roman

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mukul Gandhi [mailto:gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 01. Februar 2007 19:05
An: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Betreff: Re: [xsl] Altova XSLT parser / was: PARAMS and
VARIABLES in XSL

On 2/1/07, Joe Fawcett <joefawcett(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I, on the other hand thought, their approach to customer
relations dreadful.
My firm at the time bought six fully licensed copies, before I
arrived, which were not used for a couple of months until I
arrived to
work on a big XSLT project.
When I started using it in earnest I found a bug in the
document() function.
I tried to contact Altova for support but we were told that
as it was
more than a month since purchase we were not entitled to
any. It cost
them somewhat as we were going to buy licences for the remaining
twelve people in the department.

I haven't used much, XML Spy's built-in XSLT engine. I always
used XML Spy to invoke another XSLT engine (like Xalan-J or Saxon).

But my stylesheet development productivity (esp. XSL-FO)
increased a lot using XML Spy, as it provides good auto-fill
feature and stylesheet debugging facility.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi

--~--