xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Microsoft XML Team blog: XSLT 2.0

2007-02-05 07:39:55
"Those who urgently need an implementation of that runs in the .NET
environment may wish to check out the Saxon open source project or the
schema-aware commercial version produced by Saxonica"

I have personally used Saxon.NET in my free time in creating the XPath
Visualizer 2.0 (For XPath 2.0), which I hope to be able to make
available soon.

Let me confirm, that using Saxon.NET in the .NET environment was a
nice experience. The recent addition of  writing extension functions
in a .NET language makes this experience even nicer.

Also, I believe that having Saxon (,which raises the bar so high) as
the primary competitor in the field will affect very favourably the
development of any future XSLT 2.0 processor.

We clearly owe this  to Dr. Kay and M.D.Peterson.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev