xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: Output validation with XSLT 2.0

2008-05-05 12:12:50
To bring this thread almost full circle back to the original side issue... (!)

The "xs" namespace is a bit odd in that it's known to processors, like
the "xsl" namespace,  but unlike the xsl namespace it makes it into
the result tree and requires pruning.

The xsl namespace doesn't make it into the result, so there's no
obvious reason (other than backwards compatibility?) why we should
need to explicitly exclude it.

I'm not suggesting that something needs fixing or changing, just that
it's perfectly understandable why it could cause confusion.

(for the pedants - when I refer to the xs and xsl "namespaces" I do of
course mean the namespaces that the prefixes refer to)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com