xsl-list

Re: [xsl] SGML to XML

2009-02-25 11:13:42
Kevin M Bray wrote:
Another option is OpenSP:

http://openjade.sourceforge.net/doc/index.htm

Indeed.  I did a project for a client with a huge amount of
actively-maintained SGML that wanted to make use of XSL, so doing a
one-time conversion to XML wasn't an option.

Instead, a Perl script called osx, and read the output back in for use
with XML::LibXSLT.

If, however, ongoing maintenance of the SGML is not a goal, then using osx
to do a one-time conversion to XML may be a better option.  You will want
to do some clean up of things like defaulted attributes depending on the
editing environment in use.

~Chris

P.S. I am leaving Metaweb and am available for consultation once again. (-: