xsl-list

[xsl] Future of XSL 1.0 support

2020-11-24 20:52:56
Dear XSLT'ers,

Having followed the recent thread on oXygen 23 which ended up dealing with the issue of ongoing support for XSL 1.0, I'm guessing that I should be concerned.

I know the basics of XSLT, but I wouldn't really call myself a programmer. I manage an online dictionary (www.buddhism-dict.net) that I presume runs on XSL 1.0 (XML nodes are called up via a Perl search and then rendered into HTML via XSL) on a Linode host.

The system was built by Michael Beddow, who passed away last year, so the XSLT version is not being updated.

Do you think this is a matter that should be of some pressing concern for me now?

Your advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Chuck

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
  version="1.0">

--

A. Charles Muller, Professor

Buddhist Culture Research Center
Musashino University
1-1-20 Shinmachi, Nishitokyo-shi
Tokyo 202-8585, Japan
Office Phone: 042-468-3145

(University of Tokyo, Professor Emeritus)
http://www.acmuller.net

Twitter: @ACharlesMuller