xsl-list

Re: [xsl] [Ann] Oxygen XML Editor version 23 release

2020-11-23 09:05:31
Hello Octavian --

Is there a place in the documentation that describes how to move projects that
were developed in one version of Oxygen into the next version? Or at least a
list of the things that might stop working and some clues on how to solve these
problems?

Some of our clients are quite anxious about moving to a new version of Oxygen
because of the risks to working systems, and in fact a Mulberry project broke
in the change from version 21 to 22. Documenting the tasks needed to upgrade
applications would be helpful; a tool that identified potential gotchas would
be even better.

-- Tommie

On Nov 23, 2020, at 8:41 AM, Octavian Nadolu
octavian_nadolu(_at_)sync(_dot_)ro

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

We intend to update the Saxon 9 and 10 plugins for the Oxygen XML Editor
23.0. Because this are provided separately as plugins, we can updated them
also after the release.

We decided to deprecate some of the XSLT processors (Xalan, MSXML 4.0, MSXML
.NET, .NET 1.0, .NET 2.0 ...) because we do not want to maintain them in the
future. We are not sure if we will remove them completely or just mark them
as deprecated. But we will maintain the XSLT 1.0 support in Oxygen. Also, you
can configure them as external processors.
How many of you are using this processors?

Best Regards,
Octavian

On 23.11.2020 10:46, Mukul Gandhi gandhi(_dot_)mukul(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com