xsl-list

Re: MORE Re: [xsl] [Ann] Oxygen XML Editor version 23 release

2020-11-23 09:32:05

B Tommie Usdin btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com wrote on 2020-11-23 09:13:
And yes, people*are*  using XSLT1.0  to run their business systems. They are
also using
DTDs. No, they aren't Luddites, they are people running real businesses, using
tools
that work for their needs, and preferring to spend time and money on their main
tasks
rather than tweaking systems that work.
To chime in here with one additional use case. There are those of us using various python and ruby XML libraries all of which base things on the existing 'C' XML library, which is 1.0. I tend to use oXygen to debug and test my routines, and unfortunately those languages don't seem to be moving off the 1.0 standard any time soon. I suspect because the tooling we develop with them tends to use the language to do some of the heavy lifting that has been put into later versions of XSLT.

-Wayne